Skip to content

Covid 19 Situation – still here for you

Coronavirus Update – the situation at KCALC

Because of the Coronavirus pandemic we have had to close some services and reduce others. The current situation is below and this message will be updated regularly. Where this message does not match information on other pages of the website please assume that this message reflects the current situation.

This video shows what we can still deliver

If you need advice or want to contact us please use our contact form which you can find here.

You will also be able to find information which may be able to help you on our Self-Help page which is here.


Our Contact Centres in Dewsbury and Huddersfield and our Pathways service are closed. We are not currently offering a drop-in or face to face services.

Our Telephone Advice Service on 0344 848 7970 is available for further help and support but we are only able to provide a very reduced service. Kirklees residents only.

Our website Contact Form can be found here. We will respond to these requests but please be aware that we will not be able to get back to you immediately. Kirklees residents only.


If you want to make an application for EU Settlement Status we can help you with your application and give advice. Please contact us via our telephone line on 0344 848 7970 or via our website contact form here. We will arrange for someone to call you back and discuss your application.

If you have a query about your employment you can call our Employment Helpline on 01924 868147. We can advise you on your legal rights about your job but NOT about any benefits to which you may be entitled. Kirklees residents only.

If you are making an initial claim for Universal Credit then you will be able to get help from the Citizens Advice Universal Credit Help to Claim Helpline on 0800 144 8444. This is a national service. This video shows you how you can get help from us for your initial claim.

Our Housing team are working remotely so that we can continue to advise and help you if you are facing eviction, being harassed by your landlord or if your landlord has failed to complete repairs causing a risk to health/safety.  The service can also assist if you are homeless or living in unsuitable or unsafe accommodation and need help getting rehoused by the local authority. See our Housing page for more information. You can reach the team on 01924 663549 or by using the Contact Form on this website or Whatsapp 07858 587725.

If you are experiencing problems trying to secure appropriate care and support services, if you have any best interest or mental capacity law issues or if you require help with a Court of Protection (welfare matter) please contact our Community Care team for advice via the Contact Form on this website or call 01924 663 549.

If you are an existing client of one of our specialist teams for debt, housing, community care or asylum, please note we are continuing to provide a limited service and are working remotely on your cases and will be in touch with any updates.  If you need to reach us about your case please call the number you have been given by your solicitor/caseworker or email them. If you do not have this information please use the Contact Form on this website and make clear that you are an existing client. Please bear with us as it may take longer than usual to get back to you.

We realise that this reduction of services will be inconvenient but we need to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and volunteers. We hope to return to offering a full service as soon as the situation allows. Thank you for your understanding.