At this time we are no longer accepting new enquiries due to very high demand for our services.
Our generalist advice line is still here for you on 0808 278 7896, 9-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our drop-in service at the Huddersfield Mission remains CLOSED in line with UK Government guidance.
We are experiencing a lot of demand for assistance with Citizenship applications. We have a waiting list of people who need help with this matter. We are sorry that we cannot be any faster but we have high demand and limited resources.
What is the Pathways Project?
The Pathways Project exists to deliver free information and advice to refugees and asylum seekers. It is run by both paid workers and volunteers. We can help you if you are a refugee or asylum seeker, have humanitarian protection, have Discretionary Leave, are an EEA citizen, or are someone wishing to make a family or private life claim.
Please note that we can only give advice and information. We cannot undertake ongoing casework or work on behalf of clients – this is because of demand for our services and limited resources.
How to Contact Pathways
Our drop-in service at the Huddersfield Mission is currently closed in line with UK Government guidance. Please call the advice line (0808 278 7896, Mon-Fri 9am – 4:30pm) and one of the team will take some details from you. Pathways will then call you back as soon as possible but please note we are no longer accepting new enquiries.
Pathways Can Help With:
- Applying for travel documents
- Family reunion
- Applying for financial support and accommodation while you wait for a decision on your asylum claim (section 94 support)
- What to do when your leave is expiring
- Settlement applications
- British citizenship – registration for children and naturalisation for adults
- Helping you to understand any Home Office conditions attached to your leave, such as reporting conditions, residence conditions and study conditions
- Varying conditions attached to your leave, such as having ‘no recourse to public funds’
- Understanding immigration bail conditions
- Applying for discretionary permission to work
- Entry clearance work
- Administrative reviews and appeals to the Home Office
- Domestic violence concessions
- Informing the Home Office about a change of address
We can also give you advice on the process for claiming asylum. If you require legal representation for your asylum claim we can refer you to KCALC’s asylum team for Legal Aid if there is capacity at the time of application.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, we can give you advice on EU settled and pre-settled status and refer you to our specialist team for making an application to the EU Settlement Scheme. Further information can be found on the EU Settlement Scheme page of our website.
Pathways Cannot Help With:
- Visas (other than post-flight spousal visas)
- Passport applications
- Applications under the points-based system
- Asylum claim casework (other than one-off advice)
You may be able to resolve your issue by using this free information from Citizens Advice.
Local support and information:
Other support and information: