Our Pathways service has been closed because of the Coronavirus.
Clients are being asked to contact our Telephone Advice Service on 0344 848 7970 for further help and support.
If you are an existing client please note we are continuing to provide a limited service. If you need to reach them please call the number you have been given by your caseworker.
We have not made this decision lightly but we need to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and volunteers.
The Pathways service is based at Huddersfield Mission. You can find directions to the building here.
The service can help you if you are an asylum seeker, a refugee or someone who has been given humanitarian protection, an EEA citizen, someone who has been given Discretionary Leave, or if you want to make a family/private life claim.
Please note that we can only give advice and information. We cannot undertake ongoing casework or work on behalf of clients – this is because of demand for our services and limited resources.
What we can help with
We can help with the following issues :
- Informing the Home Office about a change of address
- Helping you to understand any Home Office conditions attached to your leave
- Applying for discretionary permission to work
- Understanding reporting conditions, residence conditions and study conditions
- Applying for travel documents
- Applying for leave to remain within the rules – limited leave to remain
- Entry clearance work
- British nationality registration :
- Naturalisation (adult)
- Administrative reviews (appeals to the Home Office)
- Addressing varying conditions attached to leave such as having No Recourse to Public Funds
- Immigration Bail conditions
- Domestic violence concessions
- Settlement applications (domestic violence/ten year lawful residence)
We can give you advice on EU settled and pre-settled status and refer you to our specialist team for making applications.
We can also give you advice on the process for claiming asylum. If you require legal representation for your asylum claim we can refer you to KCALC’s asylum team for Legal Aid if there is capacity at the time of application.
We cannot help with
- Visas (other than post-flight spousal visas)
- Passport applications
- Applications under the points based system
- Asylum claims (other than one-off advice)