The Pathways service is based at Huddersfield Mission. You can find directions to the building here.
The service can help you if you are an asylum seeker, a refugee or someone who has been given humanitarian protection, an EEA citizen, someone who has been given Discretionary Leave, or if you want to make a family/private life claim.
Please note that we can only give advice and information. We cannot undertake ongoing casework or work on behalf of clients – this is because of demand for our services and limited resources.
How to access the service
We operate a drop-in service from 10.00 to 12.30 every Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Huddersfield Mission. If you need further help we may arrange for you to have an appointment at a different time. Please do not come to the Mission at other times as we cannot help you.
You can call and leave a message on 01924663548. We will call back within five working days and discuss your issue with you on the phone. We may then make an appointment with you later if we need to see you.
You can fill in our on-line contact form here. Please indicate that your issue is relevant to Pathways so that the query is sent to the right person.
What we can help with
We can help with the following issues :
- Informing the Home Office about a change of address
- Helping you to understand any Home Office conditions attached to your leave
- Applying for discretionary permission to work
- Understanding reporting conditions, residence conditions and study conditions
- Applying for travel documents
- Applying for leave to remain within the rules – limited leave to remain
- Entry clearance work
- British nationality registration :
- Naturalisation (adult)
- Administrative reviews (appeals to the Home Office)
- Addressing varying conditions attached to leave such as having No Recourse to Public Funds
- Immigration Bail conditions
- Domestic violence concessions
- Settlement applications (domestic violence/ten year lawful residence)
We can give you advice on EU settled and pre-settled status and refer you to our specialist team for making applications.
We can also give you advice on the process for claiming asylum. If you require legal representation for your asylum claim we can refer you to KCALC’s asylum team for Legal Aid if there is capacity at the time of application.
We cannot help with
- Visas (other than post-flight spousal visas)
- Passport applications
- Applications under the points based system
- Asylum claims (other than one-off advice)